This position is located on the Coconino National Forest in either Flagstaff or Happy Jack, AZ.
The incumbent serves as a hydrologist with responsibility for conducting and interpreting hydrologic surveys and analysis, watershed rehabilitation and management planning, and providing technical guidance regarding the use of forest and range lands.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Joshua Peck at 928-527-8214 or [email protected].
- Participate in hydrologic investigation and study required for planning and design of multi-purpose projects, such as collecting ground water data and analyzing trends.
- Independently study water resource data needed to support the Forest?s position during negotiations and litigation.
- Make hydrologic analysis for cooperative watershed projects authorized under public law.
- Consult with other resource specialists in assessing the impacts of proposed programs and projects on watershed values.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date inventory of proposed rehabilitation projects by priorities.
- Participate in the land management planning process.
- Provide professional hydrologic input into the development of the Forest plan, which involves gathering data, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Participate as required in the development of environmental assessments or environmental impact statements.