The Environment and Natural Resources Division helps federal and state agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Energy.
Abt Associates is seeking an Associate Analyst to support the Environment and Natural Resource Division in Bethesda, Maryland.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary team, led by project managers, that executes projects in support of national- and international-level programs and policies pertaining to climate change. In particular, the successful candidate will assist in providing technical, analytical, and outreach support to federal government agencies on topics related to climate change and solid waste management.
- Key responsibilities will include: conducting research, writing reports and other publications, and performing quantitative and qualitative analyses, often using spreadsheets and other information management tools.
- The successful candidate will support projects encompassing one or more of the following topics: climate change policy analysis; solid waste management; international capacity building; voluntary program management; greenhouse gas emissions quantification, inventorying, and reporting; and outreach and communication.
- The successful client with interact with clients to discuss technical direction on projects or present draft deliverables.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Economics, or related fields.
- Excellent writing and quantitative skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with climate change are essential.
- Coursework in environmental sciences, statistics, economics, engineering, and solid waste management are advantageous.
- 3-5 years of experience or a MA/MS degree preferred.
- BA/BS plus 1-2 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.