Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As the New England Water Group Lead this position will provide the opportunity to lead a variety of challenging water, wastewater and water resources projects throughout New England.
Responsibilities include team leadership, selling and delivering projects related to the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure improvements. Responsibilities will include elements of staff management, business development, compliance with Jacobs best practices and procedures, quality assurance/quality control, and financial performance.
The ideal candidate is a proactive leader that will bring client focus and value-added orientation to every customer engagement and project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives general operational guidance from the local office management.
• Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes and maintains relationships for future on potential projects.
• Provides operational supervision and technical guidance to Project Manager(s), Project Engineers and Designers
• Maintains contact with senior client management, office management and managers of applicable departments within Jacobs and other engineering firms engaged in projects relating to water, wastewater and water resources projects
• Establishes and implements staffing plans to permit effective handling of current and projected workloads.
• Regularly monitors the progress of projects or tasks through project management reviews
• Directs/guides responsible Project Managers to take appropriate corrective actions in a timely manner
• Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel and provides for and enforces proper delegation of management authority, responsibility and accountability.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with clients.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Initiates and reviews price proposals. Participate in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned. Informs Operations Manager of potential opportunities to market services.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Assures that the project team complies with the contract agreement and exercises cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
• At least 15 years experience on water, wastewater and/or water resources projects is required
• At least 8 years as a project manager on complex projects is a preferred
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in 1 or more of the New England states is required
• Experience with MSProject, Microsoft Office, is required.
• Must have developed the following skills; engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, teamwork, decision making, judgment and problem solving.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.