World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Climate Adaptation Intern to support WWF Climate Crowd, a crowdsourcing initiative that convenes and supports a network of partners to gather data on how climate change is impacting people and nature, and supports on-the-ground projects that help rural communities adapt while reducing pressure on biodiversity.
Responsibilities will include:
1) conducting qualitative data analysis of Climate Crowd interviews;
2) reviewing scientific literature to complement results of data analysis;
3) compiling two-page summary reports highlighting the primary impacts on livelihoods, coping responses, and impacts to biodiversity;
4) assisting with various communications including content for newsletters, web stories, etc.
Other responsibilities will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Minimum of 20 hours per week
- Knowledge of climate change, international development and/or ecology
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Proficient in Excel
- Basic knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of spanish a plus, but not required
Unpaid. For all unpaid internships, applicants must be enrolled in school and be able to obtain academic course credit from their university.
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page. If you are applying to more than one internship at WWF, please be sure to use the “add more cover letters” button when creating your profile. Otherwise, you may inadvertantly delete an existing cover letter. Please specify in the file name which internship each cover letter is for.
https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-20032
* Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns