The OWC is seeking a motivated, self starter to lead all aspects of our restoration initiatives, primarily in the headwaters. The successful candidate will work full time (36.25 hours/week) from the OWC office in Lethbridge, with considerable travel to the backcountry. As a small organization, the OWC offers a flexible, friendly work environment with 4 other staff members who will work closely with the Restoration Specialist to achieve our goals.
· Work in direct partnership with several non-profit organizations and government to achieve deliverables.
· Identify and prioritize potential restoration sites in the headwaters.
· Develop detailed restoration plans and obtain all necessary approvals from the Government of Alberta.
· Implement restoration activities, sometimes with volunteers or contractors.
· Organize volunteer restoration event(s).
· Write health and safety plans and ensure compliance.
· Showcase restoration activities on blog, social media, website, etc.
· Write and report on grant applications, report on deliverables and key performance indicators.
· Other duties as required.
Salary Range: $4060-4495/month depending on qualifications and experience
- Experience implementing restoration strategies in mountain and foothill ecosystems.
- Project management, meet deadlines, and work within a set budget.
- Experience working in a backcountry setting, comfortable in remote areas.
- Ability to use GIS, map sites, etc.
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools, augers, drills.
- BearSmart training.
- Valid driver’s licence, experience driving 4×4 vehicles in the backcountry.
- Strong public relations skills (writing blogs, social media posts, presentations, hosting events, etc.)
- Works well with others, in high stress situations and in partnership with other organizations.
- Computer skills in ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, Google Apps required, Smartsheet an asset.
Please email your cover letter and resume to OWC as one pdf file called “OWC Restoration Specialist YOUR NAME.”
For more information please visit our website www.oldmanwatershed.ca. We thank all applicants that apply; however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $4,060.00 to $4,495.00 /month