A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Through our partnership with Sydney water, the organisation is seeking an Environmental Consultant to work in their head office in Paramatta.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in environmental science/planning, environmental engineering or similar.
• 3-7 years experience in environmental impact assessment, management and/or statutory/regulatory approvals.
• EIA experience and sound knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and current environmental issues in NSW, preferably in the water space. New graduates not suitable.
• Ability to identify, develop strategies for and manage environmental issues associated with the planning, delivery and/ or operation of large civil engineering projects.
• Knowledge of quantitative environmental management and assessment methods.
• Effective written communication and report writing skills.
About the role
This position is to provide full time resource for Sydney Water to deliver resource requirements as part of the Sydney Water planning partnership.
This role would support carrying out environmental assessments for Sydney Water, a core water utility for Sydney and an integral part of maintaining our water system during this time of drought. Working directly with the Sydney Water Resource and Environment team this role’s responsibilities would include:
In this role you will:
• Undertake, with supervision and guidance, the application and realisation of environmental planning and management skills and advice to the business needs in relation to regulation, advocacy, strategy, planning and delivery to improve business, customer and environmental outcomes.
• Undertake, with supervision and guidance, the determination of appropriate environmental approval pathways and ensure assessments and plans are prepared in accordance with environmental quality legislative requirements and delegations.
• Undertake, with supervision and guidance, the securing of appropriate environmental approvals, licences and permits and undertake auditing and reporting.
• Contribute to building the knowledge and awareness of environmental planning and management activities internally and externally.
• Provide environmental planning and management expertise in areas of experience to projects or other advice as required.
• Complete allocated planning tasks, within required timeframes and compliant with procedures.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.