Background / General description:
|IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org|
The IFC is recruiting a senior investment professional to grow our relationships and investments in the infrastructure and utilities sector in China.
Based in Beijing, the successful candidate will be a key member of our Infrastructure and Natural Resources industry group in Asia. The group is responsible for originating, executing and managing infrastructure investments across the full capital spectrum.
The selected candidate will be expected to develop and manage relationships at the c-suite level, lead transactions, add value and enhance the sustainability of investee companies, and develop junior staff.
The role entails supporting companies across China as well as helping Chinese companies enter overseas markets. Travel will be required accordingly.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
|• Build and maintain strong relationships with prospective clients and investee companies;|
• Develop a strong pipeline of good quality infrastructure investment opportunities;
• Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions;
• Manage portfolio exposures to optimize IFC value add, secure timely repayment of loans and strong exits on equity investments;
• Lead and manage project teams, coach and develop junior staff;
• Collaborate in developing sector and/or regional strategies.
|• An MBA or equivalent professional qualification with a minimum 8 years relevant work experience in China.|
• Strong business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively and identify potential business partners;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English, preference for native fluency in Putonghua;
• Good “deal sense” based on demonstrated strong analytical skills and sound business judgment;
• Excellent people management skills and openness to feedback; new ideas and ability to guide staff to solutions to problems.