ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals, for the position of Visiting Scientist –Hydrology to support ICRISAT Development Center (IDC) works on Natural Resource Management. The scientist will be based at Patancheru and will report to the Theme leader, ICRISAT Development Center, Asia Program. As IDC is involved in a number of Government and CSR projects in Natural Resource Management, this position is intended to help mapping and monitoring water balance components and undertaking various water harvesting measures suitable for all pilot sites.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Monitor hydrological data, computing water balance components and analyze impact of various NRM interventions
- To undertake water balance studies at field and watershed scale
- Collect and synthesis primary and secondary data of various agricultural water management interventions
- To organize capacity building program on water balance/ water management to various stakeholders and field functionaries including line department officials;
- Undertake various water harvesting and NRM interventions for bridging yield gap and sustainable crop intensification
- Perform data analysis, preparation of reports and communicate this information to different stakeholders
- To write and communicate research and development findings to various stakeholders for scaling up; documentation and peer review of publications
- Ph. D in Natural Resources Management/Environmental engineering/related NRM disciplines
- Minimum 2 years working experience
- Demonstrate capacity to work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Perform other duties as requested by the head/theme leader IDC
- Willingness to travel to various locations for instrumentation and data collection;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated experience on preparing reports and research papers within required timeframe for a range of audience.
This is a Visiting Scientist position on contract for three years.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 8 March 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.