GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
To provide support to the Conservation Authority’s Integrated Watershed Management monitoring program activities including data collection, storage, use, analysis and interpretation. This will be achieved using established and emerging methodologies to generate a practical and meaningful understanding of the processes and stressors the North Bay-Mattawa watersheds are experiencing.
· Minimum three year post-secondary degree or diploma in environmental management or water resources studies.
· Minimum two years of job related experience.
· Experience with statistical analysis and data management tools.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Possess a valid Class “G” Driver’s license A driver’s abstract will be required.
· Experience with trucks and trailers, having a Pleasure Craft Operators card and certification in Standard First Aid would be an asset.
SUMMARY OF TASKS
· Conduct water quality sampling and other data collection as part of NBMCAs monitoring program.
· Supervise seasonal staff.
· Assist in assessing the relevance of watershed monitoring data and interpret its significance.
· Assist in determining the parameters and sites to be monitored in support of NBMCA projects.
· Choose and utilize appropriate statistical analysis and data management tools.
· Assist in selecting appropriate/meaningful data to be used in models and databases to support NBMCA programs (i.e. WISKI/Flood Event Database).
· Assist in liaising and communicating with external partners on monitoring findings
COMPENSATION: $27.19 to $31.81/hour JOB DURATION: March 23 to November 27, 2020
Candidates must submit their resume and cover letter, no later than 4:00 pm Friday, March 6, 2020 to
North Bay- Mattawa Conservation Authority
15 Janey Avenue
North Bay, Ontario P1C 1N1
Fax: (705) 474-9793
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NBMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. NBMCA will accommodate applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $27.19 to $31.81 /hour
- job related: 2 years (Required)