The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) is one of the leading research institutes on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenges.
Department IV “Environmental Policy and Natural Resources Management” is seeking a Researcher (m/f)
Salary according to German public service tariff (TVÖD)
From € 48.000 gross p.a. up to € 62.000 gross p.a. depending on qualifications;
Subject to final approval of funds, the position may be filled as of 15 January 2017 and is currently limited until 31 December 2019.
The person will carry out research and policy advice in the inter- and transdisciplinary research project “Growth, environment, inequality, governance: Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. The focus will be on governance issues related to the water-energy-food-climate nexus and hence to the simultaneous implementation of sustainable development goal (SDG) 6 on the one hand and SDGs 2, 7, 13 and/or 15 on the other.
Qualifications and requirements:
- PhD in political science, social science or economics or in geography, sustaina-bility or agricultural sciences with proven social science research track record;
- Proven knowledge and research experience in selected topics related to govern-ing the water-energy-food-climate-nexus at local, national and/or transboundary levels, e.g. in water governance in a narrow sense or on social and ecological im-pacts and sustainable design of irrigated agriculture, bio-energy and/or hydro-power under climate change conditions;
- Expertise in working in developing countries, in acquiring third party funding and in translating research into policy advice are of added value;
- Fluent spoken and written English, proficiency in another major international language; good German language skills are of added value;
- Willingness and aptness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical cli-mate (“Tropentauglichkeit”).
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in scientific debates, interna-tional discussions and political processes.
In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference.
For further questions, please contact Dr. Ines Dombrowsky at [email protected]
When applying, please note the position number 2016-IV-02. Applications including all necessary documents (motivation letter, CV, relevant certificates) should be submitted preferably by email by 04 December 2016 at:
Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn/Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)228 94927-0 | [email protected]
DEUTSCHES INSTITUT FÜR ENTWICKLUNGSPOLITIK (DIE)
German Development Institute
Dr. Annabelle Houdret
Abteilung Umweltpolitik und Ressourcenmanagement
Department Environmental Policy and Management of Natural Resources
D – 53113 Bonn
Tel. : +49 228-94927-180
Fax : +49 228-94927-130
email : [email protected]