General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2012, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working directly in Idleb Governorate, and in Aleppo, Latakia and Hama in collaboration with local partners, delivering integrated food security, WASH and emergency response programming along with cash-based interventions to highly vulnerable populations. In 2018, GOAL will embark on an ambitious 25-month programme to meet the WASH needs of over 819571 people in GOAL’s Area of Operation (AoO). The programme will have three mains components: Utility Operations, Improved Governance and Accountability and Emergency Response.
‘Utility Operations’ speaks to the support and inputs the organisation will provide to appropriate Water Provision Authorities to support the functionality of Water Units and Water Stations., GOAL will integrate WASH interventions into its emergency response programme through targeted hygiene promotion and hygiene kit provision. The interventions proposed will be implemented by a multi-disciplinary team comprised of engineers, behaviour change agents and M&E staff.
The WASH Data Assistant will be based in GOAL’s office in Harem supporting the WASH operation Officer with Data collection, data cleaning and analysis, Documentation and reporting. S/he will work in close coordination Syria-based GOAL engineers and the Water Units.
The WASH Data Assistant’s main responsibility is to ensure that all required data related to WASH activities are collected and properly documented. This will involve working closely with the WASH engineers/Water Units. It will also involve periodic visits to all pumping station beyond WASH programme area of operation to fill inspection check lists and documents. This will require a high-level knowledge of pumping stations’ equipment and water systems.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Periodically travel to all pumping stations beyond WASH programme’s Area of operation for fuel usage monitoring.
- Collecting water stations’ operational data.
- Auditing all documents related to fuel reconciliation.
- Update the main parameters for all water station periodically.
- Weekly follow-up data entry process.
- Assist WASH operation officer in data cleaning and analysis.
- Any other duties required by WASH operation officer.
- Degree in information or computer engineering or related engineering field.
- Very good technical knowledge of water stations and generators.
- 2 years minimum of experience in Data Process field.
- Previous experience in Data entry of WASH activities.
- Very good Excel skills.
- Highly knowledge in mechanism of storing WASH activities and project documents.
- Very good communication, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
- High level of attention to details.
- willingness to work long hours under significant pressure.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply: 5th March 2020.