- Position: Environmental Policy Specialist
Working Location: Hanoi
Deadline for Submitting CV: March 5, 2020
Winrock is seeking resumes for local technical roles in the anticipated Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation activity. This position will be based in Vietnam. The anticipated project will improve the conservation of biodiversity and management of natural resources and critical ecosystems at key sites.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with additional information on the positions available. These positions do not include expat benefits and require the candidate to be eligible to work in Vietnam without sponsorship from Winrock. Donor-funded project experience required.
Positions are contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Consult with interest groups, including businesses, governments, and special interest groups
- Research environmental trends, policies, and legislation in Vietnam and in the wider environmental policy community
- Prepare reports and make presentations to stakeholders
- Identify problems posed by projects and practices and propose options for mitigating environmental impacts
- Make recommendations to decision-makers that balance environmental conservation with social and economic considerations
- Develop regulations and guidelines for the implementation of environmental laws and policies
Minimum Experience Required:
- Advanced degree in engineering, international relations, forestry, natural resource management, or similar
- 7 years practical experience as Manager or Technical Advisor in Vietnam on large, donor-funded projects (USAID experience preferred)
- Extensive experience and network with Government of Vietnam counterparts, including but not limited to MARD and MONRE
- Knowledge around key conservation activities such as enforcement, monitoring, data management, fire management, etc.
- Proven understanding of issues in protected area management and working knowledge of policy/institutional context in protected area management
- Report writing and data analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English and one or more local languages
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the right qualifications and motivation are invited to apply for your appropriate position no later than March 5, 2020