With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
EDF Climate Corps (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is Environmental Defense Fund’s innovative summer fellowship program that places specially trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to build the business case for energy efficiency. If improving building energy efficiency were as simple as flipping a switch, organizations could easily cash in on big cost savings and emission reductions. Unfortunately, limited resources, information gaps and organizational barriers prevent many organizations from taking advantage of smart energy investments. EDF Climate Corps overcomes these barriers with ambitious young talent trained to develop customized energy efficiency investment plans for their host organizations. Since the program’s launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over a billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Senior Analyst, EDF Climate Corps and plays a key role in the success of the program by managing key operational processes and tracking and vetting program and fellowship results. The Program Coordinator works closely with the rest of the EDF Climate Corps team to deliver a high quality fellowship experience for hosts and fellows, and to leverage the results and relationships developed through EDF Climate Corps to advance EDF’s climate and energy goals.
Please note, the program is going through a strategic planning process, so the job responsibilities may shift in the next 6 months. As of now key responsibilities include:
- Develop, update and maintain key operational processes and metrics to support EDF Climate Corps staff in meeting program objectives and goals; including creating and maintaining tools and support materials such as call guides, email templates and tracking spreadsheets.
- Manage external facing processes and interfaces to ensure a seamless experience for hosts and fellows, including maintaining Salesforce and external portals by acting as point of contact with developers/contracted vendors.
- Update and maintain all EDF Climate Corps technical resources. Coordinate third party consultants who provide technical support to the program.
- Track and evaluate program results and key metrics by working independently and with team members to collect information using excel, surveys, interviews, Salesforce and other methods and various points throughout the year.
- Perform analysis on EDF Climate Corps program data including assisting with quality assurance process for fellow analysis of energy management project opportunities.
- Build relationships with new EDF Climate Corps hosts to grow program membership.
- Oversee 15-20 key relationships with companies and public sector organizations, develop scope of work for the engagements, oversee summer fellowships and ensure successful completion of fellowship deliverables.
- We are seeking a highly organized and analytical self-starter with an academic or professional background in the business and/or environmental sectors;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, environmental studies or relevant field;
- 2+ years of work experience;
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload;
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Strong proficiency in the use of PCs, the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint), database programs, and Salesforce.com. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience, and excellent ability to build strategic relationships;
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of environmental issues, building energy efficiency, and climate and energy policy;
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment;
- A utility player who can be flexible with changing job responsibilities, adjust or pivot as necessary to challenges, and is willing learn new skills if necessary;
- Willingness to travel (5-10% of the time);
This position will be located in Boston, MA
As soon as possible
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer