You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- The WASH Engineer position’s goal is to plan, implement and manage WASH infrastructure (constructions, rehab andrepairs) related activities in coordination and consultation with the head of project and designated technical coordinator;
- Ensure linkage, synergies and complementarity with other sectorial interventions, i.e, nutrition, psychosocial, Health, Food security and livelihood
- Ensure proper coordination, consultation and information sharing with local health structure, partners and stakeholders
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Emergency Response
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil and Sanitary) or other relevant fields
- Knowledge on WASH in Emergencies SPHERE minimum standards
- Implementation and management of rehabilitations and construction of the appropriate water and sanitation facilities, including development of architectural / engineering designs/plans, BoQs, maintenance and operations
- Familiarity with the governance of BAWAS, Water Districts and other water service providers
- Coordination with other WASH actors through the cluster system
- Use of participatory approaches to WASH planning and design with affected conflict affected communities
- Coordination and mobilization of conflict affected communities related to WASH issues and activities
- Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on the technical aspects of water and sanitation facilities
- At least two (2) years’ experience in construction of WASH facilities and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
- Proficient both in English and Filipino. Ability to communicate in Maranao, Cebuano or Chavacano is an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of MSOffice package (Excel/Outlook) and AutoCAD
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment.