Climate change is the biggest risk we face. We are planning for future flood scenarios including a 4ºC rise in global temperature and are working with government, local councils, businesses, civil society groups and communities to make our environment a better place for people and wildlife.
Asset Performance Teams protect people and the environment by managing the whole lifecycle of our flood and coastal risk management assets, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
This role involves:-
. Providing support to deliver our asset management strategy.
. Collecting and processing data, and routine analysis and interpretation of this data.
. Monitoring progress of work ensuring that asset maintenance and projects progress in line with plans and comply with policy.
. Working as a team to engage with internal teams, external partners and customers to deliver work.
– Coordinating responses from correspondence and enquiries, from both external and internal customers.
. Some field based activities such as inspection and monitoring of our assets
Part of the role will be assisting with incident response and you will fulfil a flood risk management duty role.
You should ideally have:
• Some practical experience of whole life asset management or engineering qualifications/experience, ideally within the flood risk sector is desirable
• Health, Safety & Environmental experience and awareness
• An appreciation of flood risk assets or asset management
• An awareness of Construction Design Management (CDM)
• Comfortable using information technology and associated software, ideally GIS tools, and a willingness to learn specialist systems.
Ability to work on your own initiative and with senior team members to deliver team priorities and environmental objectives. Delivering to clearly specified objectives, standards and service levels.
As part of your comprehensive induction you will also be provided with all the equipment required for your role.
The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits
For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: [email protected] or call 02030 255877.
26/02/2020, 23:55 hours