Operating from within Divisional Support Water, you will be involved in a range of opportunities for developing and implementing operational policy, procedures and systems supporting the management of the State’s water resources. You will be required to contribute to an enthusiastic team that values a positive, outcomes-focused culture to deliver our business.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Undertake analysis, development and implementation of operational policy, procedures, systems and work practices that relates to the management of the State’s water resources with a focus on the Water Act 2000, the Planning Act 2016;
• Provide input into policy and legislation across the department (and relevant agencies) on associated policy and legislation;
• Provide professional advice to, and liaise, consult and negotiate with departmental clients, all levels of government, and other organisations on water resource management issues;
• Prepare and draft submissions, briefs and correspondence, and lead the development of operational policy, procedures, systems and work practices relating to water resource management issues;
• Maintain and awareness of issues and challenges in implementation of legislation and regulatory frameworks for water resources; and,
• Participate constructively in teams to plan, coordinate and lead implementation of new directions, strategies and initiatives.
There are no mandatory requirements for this role however, tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in natural resource management, environmental science and management or environmental law would be highly regarded.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.