ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
LOCATION: Idleb, Syria
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide quality water and sanitation infrastructures to support internally displaced people (IDP) access to water and sanitation according to the targets in WASH programs in Syria Emergency Response.
· Carry out assessment of existing WASH facilities available for host communities and IDPs; in collaboration with the hygiene promotion team.
· To develop planning, including design, bill of quantity and project schedules for water sanitation facilities construction/refurbishment that meet humanitarian standards.
· To cooperate with local water authority on water quality monitoring in the main water supply system (i.e. free residual chlorine test).
· To conduct participatory monitoring of water quality (i.e. free residual chlorine test) in IDP camps.
· To conduct participatory training for community in using, operating and maintain water sanitation facilities.
· To conduct monitoring and technical assistance to community for maintenance and repairs of water and sanitation facilities in coordination with hygiene promoters.
· To evaluate the construction result, community’s responds on its function and maintenance in coordination with hygiene promoters.
· Directly supervising field monitor(s).
· Prepare daily and weekly objectives for the field monitors in consultation with the line manager and WASH Field Supervisor.
· Carry out other activities as requested by the Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Water, Environmental, Civil Engineer or related fields.
- Experience in water and sanitation infrastructures, operation and maintenance for 2 years is desirable.
- Passport owner is an advantage .
Ability to travel to project areas.
Able to use a computer for production of material and reports (word processing, spread sheets, etc.).
Excellent Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
Team builder and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
English is an advantage.
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV must be in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to [email protected] e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. Application without same title of position will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 26 February 2020. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.