What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
GS-07 $43,251 (Step 01) to $56,222 (Step 10);
GS-09 $52,905 (Step 01) to $68,777 (Step 10);
GS-11 $64,009 (Step 01) to $83,210 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.Learn more about this agency
As a HYDROLOGIST within the USGS VA/WV WATER SCIENCE CENTER, some of your specific duties will include:
- Managing projects that focus on the collection of hydrologic data from all parts of the hydrologic cycle.
- Performing investigations to understand the occurrence and movement of groundwater.
- Collecting water level and water-quality data from wells, springs, and streams.
- Monitoring changes in aquifer conditions using continuous and discrete data.
- Constructing and maintaining monitoring stations, pumps, geophysical logger, and electrical systems use to collect data.
- Performing statistical and numerical analysis on groundwater datasets to characterize aquifer conditions and properties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires considerable walking, lifting, bending, climbing, and stream wading while in the field. Conditions may include extreme heat or cold; rain or snow; and hazardous conditions such as ice or flooding.