The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is preparing for the EU-funded tender: „ EU- WATER Sector Technical Assistance and Reforms Support in Egypt – Phase II” in forecast stage.
The Contract aims to ensure an adequate cross-sectorial “integrated” approach at a strategic level to prepare an Integrated Sustainable Water Strategy, and action plans in an inclusive and evidence-based way. Design and implement a sector modernisation management framework, developing good governance principles in the sector including policy dialogue platforms and developing economically and financially viable investment projects to attract diversified means of finance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in engineering, or related fields to Water Management
- An advanced professional qualification related to water management would be an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
General professional experience
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in the water sector, project management and planning approaches and methodologies in different countries
- At least four years’ experience leading a team in an international context
Specific professional experience
- Proven track record in fields related to IWRM sector reforms, including regulation, pricing, investment optimization, PPP, cost recovery and appropriation, supporting policy dialogue and conducting feasibility studies as well as policy analysis
- experience in strategy development and drafting action plans
- Experience in working and dialogue with Government executive officers through at least one internationally funded water project
- Demonstrated experience of working in developing countries, in particular in Egypt and North Africa in the water sector
- Working experience related to EU policies, EU Water directives and standards regarding water management and water quality
The technical assistance will be implemented in Cairo, Egypt.
Start date & period of implementation
We would like to inform you in advance that the period of assignement may change.
The intended start date is January 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 42 months from this date.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 24.03.2020.