NRC is seeking an experienced WASH/Shelter Specialist to provide overall leadership and strategic direction to this Core Competency within NRC’s Programme Unit in Iran.
S/he will be responsible to lead the technical development of WASH/Shelter activities in the country, develop WASH/Shelter strategy, control, harmonize and ensure quality of Shelter and WASH projects. He/she will support the WASH/Shelter department.
The W/S specialist is responsible for mentoring and building capacities of staff on Shelter and WASH.
The W/S specialist reports to the Head of Programme.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop respective WASH and Shelter strategies, technical SOPs, implementation tools, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC Programme Policy, contextualised national, and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competences
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Shelter / WASH CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide WASH / Shelter technical direction and project implementation support
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Promote integrated programming between all Core Competencies
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from WASH/Shelter CC implementation, and incorporate them in WASH/Shelter CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian WASH and/or Shelter programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments
- Proven expertise in WASH / Shelter with particular focus of complex programme
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to WASH / shelter.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset
- Experience with scaling up of humanitarian programs in strictly controlled context is an asset
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in working with INGOs
- Experience of project management is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
A good sense of humor is an asset.