Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of WASH Programme manager, the National UN Youth Volunteer will provide support to the WASH officer in the section’s WASH in Schools (WinS) including:
- Contribute to data collection and analysis for identification of schools;
- Support in the needs’ assessment for the selected schools;
- Support in tender document development with MoE (Ministry of Education) engineers, and take part in the proposal evaluation process;
- Coordinate with MoE (Ministry of Education) engineers, implementing partners at schools and UNICEF WASH team to establish construction activities schedule, monitoring mechanism and reporting requirements;
- Carry frequent field visits to schools during the rehabilitation and other construction activities and produce Bi-weekly or monthly progress report on the activity progress and work quality;
- Support in lessons learnt documentation and help produce knowledge management materials in relation to the project;
- Under the supervision of the WASH officer, provide technical and field support for WASH in the Host Community program including but not limited to; Climate Resilient Water Safety Plans, WASH intervention in Informal Tented Settlements, Climate Adaptation Funds;
- Support in the generation of Knowledge Management and advocacy tools including collection of relevant information and documentation of the WASH section achievements with field visits;
- Support the section in implementing the communication plan in event’s preparation, management, donor visits, global WASH events and weekly media reports on WASH sector news in Jordan;
- Participate in the planning and reporting processes within the section as seen appropriate by the program officer. This includes data compilation and verification from IP managers in line with the annual workplan and reporting on progress using exiting platforms;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- At least 1-year experience in WASH projects.
- Basic knowledge of GIS and CAD programs (such as ArcGIS, ARCView, MapInfo, Google Earth Pro, Auto-CAD, MicroStation, and similar) is required
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling software such as Epanet, MikeUrban (Mouse) and similar are considered an asset (but not required)
- Experience working with UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others.
- Have good reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Jordan and legal residents in Jordan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 29-02-2020.