About the role
As the Practice Lead, Water Stewardship, you will report to the Vice President Environment and be involved in the engaging with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, on activities that will deliver our Water Stewardship Position Statement and strategy.
In leading the Water Stewardship initiative and co-ordinating the five pillars of the Water Stewardship strategy – risk, technology, value, disclosure and collective action (a number of these pillars are led by functions outside Group HSE), it is essential that you have the ability to lead change and influence people at many levels in operations and other functions. Additionally, you will also be responsible for preparing subject matter content for internal communications and external public disclosures on water-related risk and water stewardship, including the BHP Water Report.
As well as leading Water Stewardship, you will also be the subject matter expert on other aspects of environment-related risk management, supporting the Group HSE function and the VP Environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating delivery of the Water Stewardship strategy and further developing BHP’s approach to Water Stewardship;
- Reporting on progress and seek approval for next steps to deliver the water stewardship strategy from BHP Executive and Board;
- Engaging with external stakeholders, particularly investors and thought leaders on BHPs strategy to deliver the Position Statement on Water Stewardship;
- Influencing other functions and assets on actions to manage water-related risks and implement water stewardship related collective action initiatives;
- Co-ordinating, monitoring and preparing subject matter content for internal and external communications and public disclosures on Water Stewardship; and
- Support the Group HSE function on areas requiring environment subject matter expertise.
A science or engineering degree with an environmental specialisation will be well regarded for the role. It is crucial that your communication skills are first class and you have a strength in delivering complex technical information that is appropriate and understood by diverse audiences. Utilising your strong communication skills, you are at ease in building relationships and are comfortable in negotiating and influencing decisions with range of stakeholders and at different levels within an organisation.
Supporting a diverse workforce