Oxenu is looking to hire a senior consultant to support its Central America Operations and invites the expression of interest from candidates with the adequate skillset and experience. The assignment under a regional administration will last two years with the possibility of extension. Prior to deployment, the selected candidate will participate in the submission of various secondary bids related to the project. The individual is then expected to relocate to the region for most of the assignment. Interested candidates may submit their CVs, writing example in English & Spanish, and their suggested daily rate to [email protected]
- At least 7 years of experience in IWRM, WASH and water governance. Experience in a South/Central American context is an advantage.
- Experience in shifting water governance paradigms, institutional reform, creation of corporatized public operation and drafting policies and legal frameworks around IWRM and WASH.
- Experience in liaising with regional and local partners to oversee programs on hygiene and sanitation demand creation and supporting local solutions.
- Experience in water tariff and subsidy design.
- Experience in overseeing monitoring and evaluation of municipal water operations and benchmarking.
- Conduct of meetings, workshops, and consultations with policy makers, regional stakeholders as well programs designed for continuous public participation.
- Advantageous: Experience in the roll-out of applications for EWP and smart metering.
- Fluency in Spanish and English. Skills in German, French and regional languages are an advantage
- Thorough understanding of the social dynamics and political landscape of central America.
- Independent and result-oriented approach to work and a strong sense of integrity.
- Fluency in coordinating day to day operations and agenda within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong intercultural skills and an independent, self-reliant approach to work in challenging circumstances.
- Ability to write and publish in clear and concise English and Spanish.