Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network and partner organisations in the ACT Alliance we are able to reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice and we therefore work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped and we will not stop fighting for a just world.
We are now looking for a WASH and Program Advisor who will supervise and monitor program activities in the field (Darfur, Nyala and Zalingei). This position will act as a special advisor to the WASH Sector Manager, Program Manager and the different Sector Heads of Programs. The Darfur Program has an annual budget of 5-6 mill USD.
The person we are looking for is a skilled humanitarian / program advisor with professional special experience in WASH. The successful candidate works well alongside national and international staff / partners and enjoys sharing knowledge and providing training. The position requires frequent travels to the field for monitoring.
Darfur has been suffering from internal conflicts for more than 12 years. Working here therefore entails adherence to special security and safety measures, and free movement is very limited. Please note that Darfur is a non-family duty station. This is a one year contract with start date1.1.2017
Norwegian Church Aid makes use of electronic gateway for recruitments. Only applicants who fill in their CV and write their application form using our electronic gateway will be considered for the position.
- Supervise and monitor program activities in the field
- Be a special advisor to the WASH Manager & team, Program Manager and Heads of Sectors
- Assist in planning and reporting and provide quality assurance on program planning, implementation and reporting
- Provide quality assurance to national partners on program implementation
- Oversee design and construction of appropriate water supply and sanitation infrastructures in IDP and host communities
- Supervise water supply, sanitation/waste disposal and associated construction projects
- Relevant humanitarian / development education with special education or experience in WASH
- Minimum 3 years experience from intercultural humanitarian / development work in Africa / Middle East
- Experience from working in a challenging / risky environment
- Experience with ECHO reporting is an asset
- Well qualified in English oral and written
- Fluency or knowledge of Arabic language is an asset
- College / University, Master’s degree
- Systematic, structured and accurate
- Team player
- Very good communication and cooperation skills
- Ability to train and build capacity
- Good people skills, including relationship building with donors
- Ability to listen and learn from context and culture
- The person who is to be employed has to be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values
- Internationally competitive remuneration