We are currently seeking a Project Leader in the field of Climate Change Adaptation. You will work on the PAS–PNA project (Projet d’Appui Scientifique aux processus de Plans Nationaux d’Adaptation dans les pays francophones les moins avancés d’Afrique subsaharienne) extension from March 2020 to May 2021.
The project leader will be part of Climate Analytics’ West Africa and Global Implementation Strategies Team based in Lomé.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the project – coordinate the project team, ensure planning, implementation and monitoring of activities and quality control of deliverables;
- Lead relationship with regional partners, the three partner countries counterparts and funder;
- Maintain oversight of budget and activities as well as monitoring and reporting;
- Identify technical input where needed, find relevant expertise in target countries and source it;
- Provide leadership, training, ensure knowledge exchange and lessons learned within the WA and Global team;
- Represent CA and the project externally;
- Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities for strategic development of the WA regional office;
- Maintain and develop partnerships with entities and institutions in the WA region.
You will ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- A Masters degree in international development, climate change and/or environmental studies/policies or any other relevant subject;
- Proven experience in leading project implementation and a team;
- Proven experience working in developing countries, in francophone WA is a plus;
- Proven experience in developing projects preferably in climate change field. Project in climate change adaptation is considered a plus;
- Experience in working with international financing organisations. Experience with climate funds is a plus;
- Understanding of economics of climate change and climate change funding mechanisms;
- Fluency in French and English required. German is a plus;
- Willingness to travel frequently and on short notice.
- Strong analytical skills with conceptual understanding;
- Strong, proven functional skills in analytical writing, and producing reports and, research and assessments;
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High sense of leadership and managerial skills;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in a multi- cultural environment, including the ability to liaise effectively with senior level;
- Excellent networking with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships;
- Planning, organizational and time management skills, including flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines;
- Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to formulate recommendations.
We offer a positive and inspiring working atmosphere in a culturally-diverse, highly motivated team, an opportunity to participate in high-level international reports and research, as well as to gain insights into the international climate change negotiations and our support our work for the SIDS and LDCs.
Application deadline: 23 February 2020
Starting date: ideally March 2020
Location: Lomé, Togo
Terms: Full time, fixed-term contract until May 31st 2021.
Requirements: Togolese citizen or eligible to work in Togo
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three references in PDF format by 23 February 2020 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.