Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified senior level candidates for anticipated Chief of Party positions for multi-year USAID-funded forest management and biodiversity programs in South and South-East Asia.
The Chief of Party will provide technical and administrative leadership to complex USAID natural resource management projects and are the primary liaisons between USAID and Tetra Tech, as well as between the project and government and civil society counterparts. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general natural resource management knowledge and expertise in at least one area that may include forestry, biodiversity, land-use planning, climate change mitigation and adaptation. The positions require experience in developing countries, and skills to ensure coherence and consistency under tight deadlines.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in fields directly related to the activities of this program.
- At least ten (10) and preferably fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing NRM and environmental programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- At least five (5) and preferably ten (10) years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams of professionals to respond to complex assignments
- Experience working directly with host government counterparts, particularly with top-level ministerial or agency leadership is required.
- Technical expertise in an area of natural resource management
- Experience with USAID programs is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and analytic skills.
- Fluency in English is required and additional language proficiency is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work across key sectors concerned such as forestry, agriculture and land use planning
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.