INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below: **
Job position– OHP Officer
Work location– Ngala, Dikwa, Bama and Magumeri
Reporting to– WASH Supervisor
Supervision of– OHP Assistants
General purpose of the position
Under the guidance of the WASH Supervisor, the role ensures the effective implementation of WASH activities within IDPs and host communities through good gender balance, community participation and ownership.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Supports in conducting needs assessment and gather information and report to Hygiene Promotion Officer
- Mobilizes, train and follow-up on communities/WASH committees formed and/or trained by INTERSOS in all activities concerning WASH, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership by the community.
- Facilitates the implementation of WASH activities within IDP and Host Communities, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership of programmes by the community
- Under the direction of the WASH Supervisor, plans field activities in communities that reduces WASH-related health risks by training and supervising Community Mobilizers
- Conducts public Hygiene Promotion sessions in each neighborhood or village
- Conducts periodic focus group discussions, awareness campaign, plan child to child hygiene sessions and organize events with children to raise hygiene and heath awareness.
- Carries out mobilization of key community stakeholders including protection committee, youths, women, men and host communities to participate in community awareness events/meetings
- Ensures constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions and report
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to the field, to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation.
- Ensures that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement
- A minimum of Diploma in Environmental Health Studies, Social Sciences or other relevant fields
- Relevant experience and training in Hygiene Promotion
- A minimum of three years’ experience in WASH, preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Strong humanitarian commitment.
- Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative.
- Availability to work in targeted LGAs, Borno State.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 24th February 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.**