Increasing environmental destruction is a major challenge in Iran. Air pollution, water scarcity, poor management of water resources, loss of biodiversity, inadequate waste management and sandstorms all have a considerable impact on health, the environment and sustainable economic development. In this context, the BMU/EU joint project is supporting the Iranian Government in improving its capacity for cooperative and participatory environmental management. The programme aims to improve the quality and implementation of existing policies for sustainable management of water, air, waste and the marine environment. GIZ manages the overall project and is responsible for the steering of the water component, where it cooperates with 5 European technical implementing partners from Austria, Finland, France, Italy and Malta.
- Coordinating the water management component, including steering the EU implementation partners involved
- Providing advice to partners on the sustainable management of water resources
- Advising partners on monitoring the marine environment in Iran
- Developing and maintaining professional cooperation networks
- Actor management: developing and maintaining cooperation formats with co-implementation and Iranian partners
- Cultural sensitivity and regional knowledge of the Middle East; regional knowledge of Iran would be an advantage
- University-level degree in a relevant discipline such as environmental or natural resources management or political science
- Several years of professional experience in integrated water resources management
- Several years of work experience in development cooperation in the water or environment sector
- Experience of cooperating with international organisations, particularly the EU
- Experience of cooperating with the German Federal Ministry for the Environment would be an advantage
- Work experience in advising culturally and politically sensitive partners
- Good knowledge of GIZ commission management (knowledge of BMU business would be an advantage) and GIZ procedures and processes
- Regional experience in the Middle East; regional knowledge of Iran would be an advantage
- Business fluency in English; knowledge of German and/or Farsi would be an advantage
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Traveller position (Intermittent Advisor) between Eschborn and Iran.