Westcountry Rivers Trust (WRT) is an environmental charity dedicated to restoring and protecting the region’s rivers, lakes, estuaries and coastal areas.
We work with the public, private and third sectors, delivering a range of initiatives, commercial or charitable activities to bring about positive change both in our rivers and on the landscapes they drain.
Following the success of our previous projects, we are now delivering the third phase of the Upstream Thinking (UST) initiative, running from 2020 to 2025. Our aim is to achieve improvements in water quality, land management and broader benefits.
We’re now looking for a highly motivated and organised Senior Project Manager / Team Manager to oversee the implementation and delivery of this significant UST project.
- Salary of £34,000 – £39,000 per annum DOE
- Benefits package
If you are a successful project manager with experience of implementing project management systems and ensuring all agreed objectives are met, this is a fantastic opportunity to use your expertise to make positive changes to Cornwall’s water systems.
You will join a dedicated and skilled team and lead a project that has gained significant recognition and attention in its first two stages over the past ten years.
So, if you have a passion for conservation and want to improve our rivers and landscapes, we want to hear from you.
As the Senior Project Manager / Team Manager, you will manage the UST project, from inception to completion, including the implementation of a project management system.
You will provide direction for the UST Project Team, ensuring objectives are met and manage the UST Farm Advisors.
Reporting to the Head of Land Management, your role will involve:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a schedule of project activities and key milestones to achieve project objectives
- Managing project finances, including grants and resourcing
- Establishing and managing monitoring and reporting processes
- Delivering quality assurance practices for contracts and farm plans
To join us as our Senior Project Manager / Team Manager, you will need:
- Experience of successfully managing multiple complex projects, preferably within the environmental sector
- Comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience of implementing and maintaining project management processes and systems
- Experience of developing budgets for projects, managing actual costs against budgets and ensuring projects adhere to agreed budgets
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Experience of providing direction to a project team and ensuring objectives are met
- A working knowledge of agri environment schemes and awareness of relevant agricultural or environmental policies
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a related discipline
Ideally, you will have experience in a farm advisory role or similar, but this is not essential. A project management accreditation and/or qualification would also be beneficial, as would membership of an appropriate professional body. Experience of identifying and developing commercial opportunities would be equally advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Project Lead, Project Team Leader, Environmental Project Manager, Agricultural Project Manager, Senior Project Systems Manager, Conservation Project Manager, or Sustainability Project Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 24th February 2020. Interviews are scheduled to take place on the 2nd March 2020, with candidates required to give a presentation.
Webrecruit and WRT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking to bring about positive change as a Senior Project Manager / Team Manager, please apply here. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week