PSI is seeking applications for the position of Project Organiser to implement the PSI water sector strategy in the Philippines.
The Project Organiser will work with relevant trade unions and allies, in order to coordinate the implementation of a strong organising and advocacy strategy to protect water as a public good and to advance the labour rights of workers providing water services in the Philippines. The Project Organiser will be responsible for the project cycle management and finance monitoring of the project.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Is an energetic and experienced labour organiser, advocate and campaigner
- Understands the struggles of water workers in an environment where public services are being privatised
- Has experience with trade unions in the Philippines
- Has strong written and oral English
The position is part-time (50%) and fixed term until end of 2021, with possible renewal subject to funding. It will be based in Cebu or Manila, Philippines.
Interested candidates are invited to:
- Produce a cover letter including motivation for the position, related skills and competences, based on the selection criteria listed in the job description, of no more than 1,000 words in English;
- Attach a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
We encourage candidates to apply regardless of their gender, age, nationality, religion and sexual orientation.
Please send your application to [email protected].
The subject of the mail must be: “Project Organiser: Philippines Water”.
Applications close on Friday 21 February 2020.
NB: Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Applicants must have a right to work in the Philippines.