Vacancy Announcement for the position of “Field Associate-Water” for the project “Water Efficiency in Sustainable Crops (Cotton) Production Systems” at Solidaridad Asia
Location: Vidarbha, Maharashtra
Number of Positions: 3
Solidaridad Regional Expertise Centre (SREC) is driven by its vision and mission, where it seeks to address the challenges posed by India’s rapidly increasing population and an equally rapid reduction of its poverty putting pressure on its land and water resources. Today, consumers want more food, more fibre for cloth and more feed for its animals & generating bio-fuels. SREC believes that this ever growing demand can be sustained only if the agricultural sector makes a transition towards smart and sustainable land & and water use. Increase its production by adopting efficient processes, coupled with less pollution, greater precision in the use of fertilisers and pesticides and a reduction in the use of water and energy.
SREC is working together with small farmers, workers, local authorities, private sector and research Institutes as a catalyst for improved food production, a safer workplace, access to clean water, and a better income.
For more information, visit:
http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org and http://solidaridad.in/
Solidaridad is implementing the programme in Maharashtra to contribute to a substantial increase in water availability, water efficiency and reduced water stress for 20,000 cotton farmers and for sustainable livelihoods of male and female cotton farmers by facilitating the adoption of sustainable production practices that reduce production costs, increase yields and increase the quality of produce.
• Work closely with the Program Manager to achieve the project deliverables as per work plan
• Overall responsibilities of conducting programme activities in the field area
• Regular field visits, collection of farmer’s information (database in manual and digital form).
• Work closely with the farmers (male, female), farmer groups, Water User Groups (WUGs) throughout project duration
• Liaison and proper communication with other stakeholders for the smooth implementation and operation of the program
• Conduct effective training programs for WUGs and monitor them regularly (assist to create new water groups)
• Conduct effective training/awareness programs and mobilization of farmers (including women farmers) and continuous follow up with them.
• Training the farmers on good agriculture and water efficient practices as per the curriculum.
• Ensure smooth and effective program in the field area
• Ensure monthly progress reporting
• Any other duties assigned by the management
Qualification and Experience:
• Fresher or experienced (preferred) with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in agriculture/water or related subject.
• Experience in conducting survey, training and awareness programs (working with farmers is an added advantage)
• Experience in data collection.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to work independently and self-motivated
• Willingness to work and travel in rural and semi-rural areas
• Knowledge of MS Office and internet
• Well versed in Hindi, English and Marathi language
Salary and Benefits:
Solidaridad Asia will pay a competitive salary and matching benefits including provident fund, LTA, health insurance and pension based on skills and experience.
Solidaridad aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can send in their CVs to Ms. Geeta Rawat at [email protected] not later than 20th February 2020 with subject line indicating “Field Associate(Water)-Vidarbha”.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.