Intern (Trans-Boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA))
Job Title : Intern
Department : Programme & Advocacy
Location : Oxfam India Kolkata Humanitarian Hub with field travel to TROSA project areas
Level / Pay Band : NA
Contract : Term of 5 months
Reports To : Asst. Manager - TROSA
Scope of Position
To ensure effective implementation of Trans-Boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) project in India, by acting as Networks Coordinator for TROSA. The Network Coordinator will be responsible day to day management and coordination with TROSA networks on Water governance in UP and Assam
1. Overall responsibility of managing day to day coordination on water governance and early warning with TROSA associated Networks and Multi Stakeholdersâ Platform in Brahmaputra, Saralbhanga and Sharda river basins in Assam and Uttar Pradesh.
2. Work towards strengthening of networks associated with TROSA including INJAF, BIFA, Brahmaputra WG-CAN, SA â Regional Platform for EW
3. Contribute towards formalising structure of currently loose network â WG-CAN
4. Frequently and systematically engage with relevant stakeholders on water governance, including Government line departments, media, Academicians and researchers, youth leaders etc to contribute towards networks objectives.
5. Support TROSA partners in designing and implementation of Network strategies with focus on Water Governance and early warning.
6. Establish virtual platform for day to day network engagement.
7. Manage monthly discussion forums for TROSA networks.
8. Prepare and circulate network newsletters and periodic reports.
9. Support networks in organising consultations, campaigns commissioning studies etc for issues related to TROSA programme.
10. Support team in overall coordination of TROSA networks. As required by TROSA represent India programme in national and regional platforms and learning forums.
11. Any other project work assigned by reporting manager.
12. The programme may require travel visits to UP, Uttarakhand and Assam
Skill and Competence
Essential: Masterâs/ M.phil in Water Governance/Social Science/ Environmental Science/ Regional Development/ Sociology/ Economics/ Geography/ Population studies/ Political Science/ Social Work/ Planning or related field.
Should be fluent in English, and have good working knowledge of another Indian language, preferably Hindi.
Computing skills (should be fluent in MS Office, especially Word and Excel and electronic communication).
Work Experience - in any prior work experience in development sector.
During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively and be deployed for extended periods in humanitarian response programmes in the field.
3 Feb 2020
Last date for application
10 Feb 2020
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
â¢ Accountability â Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
â¢ Empowerment â Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
â¢ Inclusiveness â We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.