The objective of the consulting services to be recruited through the TA is to help the PID enhance its
capacity for transforming its service delivery from a traditional irrigation water deliverer to a WRD
that holistically manage water resources and for the PID to respond to the Punjab Water Policy approved
by Provincial Cabinet and Punjab Water Act, 2019 likely to be approved by Provincial Assembly.
Scope of Work
- Capacity building and training plan for staff responsible for implementation of Water Act
- Development of workflow processes
- Development for selection criteria for various positions in the Water Resources Commission and Water
Services Regulatory Authority
- Oversee the work of National Institutional specialist
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
• Review current institutional arrangement of the Government of Punjab in water sector including PID,
and suggest improvements in existing structure which minimizes disruption to its day-to-day functions,
while meeting requirements of the Punjab Water Act 2019
• Develop the functions of various institutions and their linkages with other Government Departments,
agencies and various other stakeholders
• Design the workflow processes of various institutions established under the Water Act
• Suggest the capacity building and training areas for staff of new institutional set up for
implementation of Water Act 2019
• Develop selection criteria for positions of various personnel within the proposed governance
• Any other task jointly agreed by the Executing Agency (EA) and the Consultant to be undertaken during
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The Institutional Specialist must have a graduate degree, and a post graduate degree in water resources
management/public policy/public administration/ civil engineering or equivalent. The Specialist must
have good knowledge of water resources legislation, policy and institutional analyses relevant to water-
related disasters, river and water resources management. S/he must have at least 15 years of
international professional experience in institutional strengthening including at least not less than
one year work with water resources institutions. Experience in externally funded projects with multi-
disciplinary teams will be given preference.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.