Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas through partners.Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these threeessentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlocktheir potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change lives for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid India’s country office is based in New Delhi with Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular, through direct services, and millions more through our influencing work.
WaterAid India is looking to recruit a Technical Coordinator in Bangalore with hand-on experience in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) to ensure WASH needs of marginalized wastepicker communities are assessed, appropriate awareness created and solutions provided. This will help improve lives of waste picker communities and help improve their quality and dignity of life.
Under directions from the Program Manager, provide technical support and supervision to implement WASH solutions and provide technical assistance.
- Provide assistance in planning and designing water, sanitation and hygiene solutions
- Supervise partner teams in execution of hardware/ infrastructure components as planned
- Ensure adherence to technical standards and compliance to technical guidelines and policies
- Support in development of relevant technical content as desired by the Program Manager
- Provide implementation support and ensure delivery of results including demonstration of models in the intervention area
Eligibilities and requirements
ITI/ Polytechnic (or equivalent) qualification in Civil Engineering from a good institution
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Approx. 10 years of field experience in water and sanitation civil construction in Bengaluru
- Experience in managing contractors and local masons in civil construction projects
- Able to speak, read and write fluently in Kannada
- Able to travel extensively within Bangalore
- Experience of working with technically skilled teams
- Some knowledge of technical writing and project related documentation
- Proactive and capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 20th February 2020
- For further information on this job vacancy, please visit www.wateraidindia.in
- females are encouraged to apply
- Qualified response will be considered on a rolling basis – quick response would be appreciated
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview