This position will lead a growing and effective team that includes a number of identified Aboriginal positions to implement the Aboriginal Water Program. This program will deliver WCG’s commitments to recognise and manage for Aboriginal values of water in the Water for Victoria, DELWP Aboriginal Inclusion Plan, National Water Initiative and Murray-Darling Basin Plan. As part of this, the position will build effective relationships across the Department, across the water sector and other government agencies and with Traditional Owner groups and peak Aboriginal bodies.
- Skills and knowledge of Aboriginal culture and contemporary issues affecting Aboriginal Victorians today is required.
- Proven experience in delivering government obligations and Aboriginal policy in Victoria is highly desirable.
- An appropriate qualification in water and natural resource management would be desirable but is not required.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This is an ongoing position.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
DELWP will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- A Statutory Declaration and Consent form consenting to DELWP contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-DELWP employees).
Applications close at midnight Tuesday 18 February 2020.