Roving WASH Technical Team Leader
We are looking for Roving WASH Technical Team Leader to coordinate and implement WASH interventions of Oxfam emergency & recovery programme under Oxfam’s Iraq country strategic plan by providing technical support to the WASH teams in the field. The key responsibilities include providing technical support to the WASH teams in assessments, planning, reporting, internal & external coordination & implementation, quality assurance of WASH interventions and capacity building of national staff. Also, assist the PMs in proposal development and donor reporting.
What we are looking for
Our next Roving WASH Technical Team Leader will require:
• Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or higher in the discipline of Civil engineering, environmental/water resource engineering or relevant to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in humanitarian/development work.
• Significant national/international experience (at least 4-5 years) in managing Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programmes in early recovery contexts both in camp and non-camp settings (Urban & Rural).
• Knowledge and working experience of Auto cad software and good knowledge, understanding and experience of preparation of BOQs/Estimates, Tender documents
• Experience in planning, designing and implementation of urban water systems/Water treatment plants etc.
• Experience and understanding of community mobilisation in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene activities and community engagement.
• Understanding of Public health promotion approaches and relevant experience in PHP
• Experience of working with partners – capacity building, operationally alongside partners (thus equipped with training/counterpart development skills).
• Ability to influence effectively both inside and outside the organisation.
• Ability to work as part of a team and adopt a consensus-based approach to working where possible.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in your career development, to act as a key contributor to WASH team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s rights activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.