Conduct household water safety and hygiene promotion assessment and build the capacity of local communities for sustainable water safety and hygiene promotion services.
Assessment and Mobilization
- Assist in conducting field-based needs assessments and to consolidate the information for planning and implementing future WASH project activities in Somalia.
- To mobilize the beneficiary community members to actively participate in identification of household water needs.
- Ongoing monitoring of all water sources rehabilitated or established by the IRC
- Monitor water quality of all water sources rehabilitated or established by the IRC
- Conduct regular sanitary inspection of functional water points and institute measures to prevent water contamination at source.
- Mobilize all stakeholders to respond appropriately to outbreaks of cholera and acute watery diarrhea
- Mobilize community own resource persons (CORPs) and the general community members to actively participate in water safety interventions
- To ensure that existing hygiene promotion activities are being undertaken correctly in designated project locations, usually in coordination with other WASH activities.
- To facilitate community hygiene outreach for internally displaced people (IDPs) in villages including the host communities.
- Work with community based water committees to increase the capacity for operation and maintenance of developed water sources.
- Conduct water quality surveys at all IRC rehabilitated water sources.
- Provide timely reports on the field trips, monitoring visits and assessments to the WASH Officer.
- Compile weekly, monthly and other circumstantial reports as may be required
- Maintain water quality monitoring database including and not limited to water FRC, chemical and bacteriological analysis
- A certificate in Water Supply, Public Health or related discipline, or equivalent work experience in community water, sanitation and hygiene program.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least two year experience in working with an INGO
- Relevant training and experience in Water, Sanitation and hygiene.
- Experience in community social work
- Good report writing and communication skills