Providing clean water, coupled with health and hygiene education, is perhaps the most preventative measure we can take in keeping our world safe from infectious disease. Every day, 6,000 people die from drinking contaminated water. Samaritan’s Purse (SP) works to provide a thirsty world with clean water. Whether it’s drilling freshwater wells or teaching health and hygiene education in a refugee camp, all of these efforts aim to point people to the “living water” found in Jesus Christ.<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
The Global Technical Advisor, WASH will provide technical support and advice in the overall water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) efforts of Samaritan’s Purse. We are searching for an engineer to provide guidance on disaster relief, training and capacity building of SP WASH field staff in design, monitoring, reporting, and compliance with donor regulations. When called upon, the WASH Advisor may sit on the Incident Management Team during disaster responses or be assigned to a Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) and deploy to a disaster site to participate in the organization’s humanitarian efforts. The Advisor will be based in our headquarter office in Boone, NC, but will travel frequently to the field as needed.<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
What you will be doing:<!– /wp:paragraph –>
- Support WASH disaster relief efforts, traveling to the field, as necessary. Research and test water treatment technologies that could be implemented in the field. Assist logistics in prepositioning WASH relief items.
- Assist ongoing field projects and provide collaborative support on current efforts. Work with field staff to integrate the spiritual aspects into each WASH intervention. Provide technical backstopping for WASH projects as needed. Consult with field offices on specific technical issues related to water, sanitation and hygiene programming, baseline surveys, monitoring and assessments. Support interviewing and training of employees. Build capacity of WASH staff in the field.
- In the area of project development, write and/or review WASH portions of funding proposals. Work closely with regional directors, country directors, program development and grants staff in project development. Support the pursuit of grant/funding opportunities in current fields.
- Be innovative, able to conceptualize and formulate research, and engage in sharing best practices (through providing training or resources) with staff while maintaining excellence in the WASH sector.
- Understand the global trends in WASH and be able to help develop WASH strategic plans for country offices. Be able to provide guidance on water quality and quantity in relation to multiple uses.
- Be a team player. Work with other WASH Advisors on strategy, direction, developing standard indicators, backstopping each other’s work during travel, etc. Represent SP at WASH related or fundraising events, as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:<!– /wp:paragraph –>
- Minimum Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in civil, environmental or water engineering, hydrogeology, or other related field
- 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant international experience and demonstrated success in cross-cultural communication, preferred.
- Available to travel approximately 60 days throughout the year.
**Please include a cover letter along with your resume to explain why you are qualified for this position.<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
Location: Boone, NC<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
Regular, Full-time position<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
Full Benefit Package, including:<!– /wp:paragraph –>
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs<!– /wp:paragraph –>
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL – EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE – EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION – EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY – EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
WALK IN BOLD FAITH – EXPECT God to do the impossible<!– /wp:paragraph –>
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith:<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)<!– /wp:paragraph –> <!– wp:paragraph –>
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)<!– /wp:paragraph –>
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!<!– /wp:paragraph –>