The Environmental Compliance Officer is responsible for the enforcement of Ontario Regulation 179/06 adopted under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act under the direction of the Director, Regulations.
What you will do:
· Investigate complaints and violations of Ontario Regulation 179/06 made under section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act.
· Enforce Ontario Regulation 179/06 made under the Conservation Authorities Act
· Inspect works in progress or completed, to ensure works are in compliance with permits granted by the LSRCA under Ontario Regulation 179/06.
· Issue Notice of Violations to document unauthorized development/works.
· Issue retroactive permits under Ontario Regulation 179/06.
· Determine appropriate measures/recommend the course of action required to bring work into compliance with LSRCA requirements and ensure remedial works are carried out according to permits.
· Represent the LSRCA at legal proceedings related to violations under Ontario Regulation 179/06, as necessary.
What you offer:
· A post-secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Geography, Ecology, Water Resources Management, Natural Resources Law Enforcement, or a related field.
· A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
· Provincial Offences Officer designation under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act is considered an asset.
· Knowledge and experience of legal proceedings related to the collection of evidence, inspections, investigation and enforcement procedures and protocols.
· Working knowledge of the Conservation Authorities Act and Section 28 Regulation in particular, as well as other related provincial and federal environmental legislation and protocols.
· Strong problem solving, analytical, negotiation, organization, collaborative and facilitation skills.
· Excellent communication (oral and written) skills are essential.
· Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access along with knowledge of Geographical Information System (GIS) applications and use of a Global Positioning System (GPS).
· A positive and proactive attitude to resolve compliance matters.
· The successful Environmental Compliance Officer will be required to provide LSRCA with a clear Police Record Check prior to commencing employment.
· A valid G class driver’s license.
Please apply directly to the e-mail listed, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #06-2020, by 4:00 pm on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 06-2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $69,123.00 to $80,862.00 /year