Australia nationals: Senior Project Officer (Coorong Infrastructure Investigations)
Why work for DEW?
- We’re leading the way with workplace flexibility and challenging current thinking about 'work' and 'work places'.
- Our people are proud to work here.
- We value innovation and support purpose driven partnership.
- We offer work that flexes to your lifestyle and helps you find the right balance
The Senior Project Officer, Coorong Infrastructure Investigations, is responsible for providing engineering expertise for complex infrastructure feasibility investigations under Project Coorong’s Healthy Coorong, Healthy Basin program. The Senior Project Officer contributes to the delivery of specialist engineering advice, project development, procurement, implementation and stakeholder negotiation for the Healthy Coorong, Healthy Basin program.
Essential & Desirable Conditions
- A degree in civil, environmental engineering or equivalent is essential
- Relevant post graduate qualifications are highly desirable
- Experience in undertaking feasibility investigations and managing infrastructure projects including budgets, stakeholders, clients, contractors, and internal staff to deliver outcomes
- Maintains a thorough and up to date knowledge of water/environment management issues, policies and procedures (preferably of the River Murray).
- Experience in the preparation and management of construction contracts (AS 4000/AS2124).
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties
- Some weekend and out of hours work may be required
- Inter and intra state travel as required
- Current class “C” driver’s license and willingness and ability to safely operate a 4wd is essential.
Until 31 December 2021
PO3 - $95,429 - $100,887 per annum
Angus MacGregor, Project Manager, Healthy Coorong Healthy Basin
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit a CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) responding specifically to the criteria outlined in the ‘Technical, Professional/Knowledge and Experience’ listed in the Role Description and their suitability/experience relevant to the role.
No response to the core competency elements is required.
Applications close: 13/02/2020 6:00 PM