ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
- Prepare daily and weekly objectives for the subordinates.
- Prepare construction materials and water quality monitoring consumables request and ensure adequate supply for current projects; including construction tools.
- Monitoring construction materials consumption such as consumable materials such as fuel, chlorine, cement, sand, gravel and other materials.
- Prepare daily and weekly planning and reporting of activities with specific locations.
- Reporting on daily and weekly fuel consumption, daily water supply, construction monitoring report.
- Ensure Generator operating hours Log and fuel consumption log are recorded properly and report the log records to the supervisor.
- Supervise the construction of water supply facilities by the contractors or daily workers.
- To conduct participatory monitoring of water quality (i.e. free residual chlorine test) in IDP camps.
- Ensure all water supply facilities are constructed based on the specific standards as mentioned on designs.
- Carry out other activities as requested by the Supervisor.
- Work with WASH Team Leader and team supervisor to assess and implement appropriate training programs to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of WASH technicians, contractors, laborers and other staff.
- Support implementation of information provision mechanisms as per Syrian program
- Support use of context-appropriate complaint and feedback mechanism.
- Ensure the Program Accountability Framework is integrated and being implemented in the WASH program.
- Carry out assessment of existing WASH facilities available for host communities and IDPs; in collaboration with hygiene promotion team.
- Provide input on program design and implementation process based on the actual conditions.
- Develop planning, including design, bill of quantity and project schedules for water and sanitation facilities construction/refurbishment that meet humanitarian standards.
- Prepare daily and weekly materials consumption request and prepare daily report for construction materials ensuring adequate supply.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports on water and sanitation facilities’ construction progress, chlorination and generator/fuel log and water supply report from the water system.
- Conduct participatory training for community in using, operating and maintaining water and sanitation facilities.
- Carry out other activities as requested by the supervisor.
- Supervise unskilled daily workers on Construction sites
- Supervise skilled casual workers / Plumbers and Mechanics as assigned by the Supervisor
- Conduct participatory monitoring of water quality (i.e. free residual chlorine test) in selected locations.
- Conduct monitoring and technical assistance for maintenance and repairs of water and sanitation facilities in coordination with WASH Field Engineers.
- Evaluate the construction result, community’s response on its function and maintenance in coordination with WASH Field Engineers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree or certificate in civil and/or architecture engineering.
- Experience in water and sanitation infrastructures, operation and maintenance for 2 years within the humanitarian sector.
- Able to use a computer for production of material and reports (word processing, spread sheets, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Excellent Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
- Team builder and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- English language skills is an added advantage.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency.Ability to travel to project areas.
- Ability and willingness to travel between Syria and Turkey.
How to apply:
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 12 February 2020. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.