Senior Water Resources Engineer
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science®? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are currently seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer with stormwater engineering and green infrastructure design expertise for our Atlanta, GA office.
What You’ll Get To Do:
We are in search of a highly motivated team member to join our family of engineers and scientist who has a strong quantitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal and private projects in the southeast and throughout the nation. This is an engaging and high impact position in which you will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with water quantity and water quality analysis, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analysis, watershed management and assessment, and stormwater management. In this position you will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity.
More About This Role:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead as a project and task manager to exceed client expectations and manage schedules and budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of junior level staff on projects as appropriate.Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers, scientists, and field personnel.
- Lead and conduct watershed modeling and water quality management studies; including watershed, hydrodynamic, and water quality model setup, calibration, validation, and application.
- Analyze watershed, hydrodynamic, and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques.
- Support and/or lead stormwater management projects through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques.
- Manage and/or contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos, reports and plans; develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps and tables/matrices; and assist with quality control and assurance.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred) in environmental/civil engineering (or a related field)
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) certification in the State of Georgia with 10-15+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in water resources planning and/or watershed management
- Experience conducting hydraulic, hydrodynamic, water quality, and sediment modeling studies using public domain tools (e.g., HSPF/LSPC, SWMM, EFDC, WASP, HEC-HMS, SWAT, OpenFOAM)
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and ArcGIS
What We Can Offer You:
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits package and learning and development opportunities
- Free access to on-site Fitness Center
- Office location near great restaurants, banks, etc.
- Easy access to I-285 and I-75
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.