Associate Consultant (Land, Climate, Environment & Energy)
DAI is looking for an Associate Consultant, to work as part of their busy and expanding Climate Energy Environment and Land Team in our Delivery Unit. The position will be based within DAI Europe; located in our spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise. Our technical teams cover: Climate, Energy, Environment & Land, Resilience, Economic Growth (including Trade and investment), and Governance programmes across multiple donors and geographies.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and Philanthropist organisations.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking a proactive graduate or candidate with equivalent experience to join our team. We are recruiting an Associate Consultant to deliver high quality technical expertise and business development acumen to grow our project portfolio and support existing assignments. You will work closely with teams and projects to build knowledge and networks and support new business opportunities and innovative technical solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
For the role the successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Natural Resource Management, Environment, Economics, Social Sciences) or equivalent.
- A strong interest in Natural Resources Management, Climate Change, Conservation and Biodiversity, Agriculture, Land Governance, Renewable Energy, Urban Planning, and Sustainable Development in an international development and global context.
- Ability to research, analyse and synthesise technical information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive, accountable and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility.
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
- Fluency in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese would constitute an advantage.
Experience supporting consulting services or international development projects, especially with DFID or other UK government departments, or experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment would be an advantage.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 21st February 2020, and interviews will be held progressively. More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, please apply via the link below.