Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) is a non-profit membership organization whose mission is to advocate and secure the protection and stewardship of the Chattahoochee River, including its lakes, tributaries and watershed, in order to restore and conserve their ecological health for the people and wildlife that depend on the river system. This mission is accomplished through programs in advocacy, monitoring, education, community outreach, policy reform, and legal action.
CRK is seeking a highly motivated and organized professional with experience in outreach and fundraising to serve as its Headwaters Outreach Manager in CRK’s Gainesville office. The Headwaters Outreach Manager will be supervised by the Headwaters Director and Development Director and will work closely with other CRK staff.
- Promote CRK’s Headwaters region programs via internal and external sources,
- Represent CRK in the Headwaters region at various community events (frequently during nights and wknds),
- Conduct fundraising initiatives including grant writing and major donor solicitations,
- Organize and lead CRK outings and events (festivals, cleanups, paddle trips, hikes)
- Manage budgets, spending and produce reports,
- Recruit and manage volunteers and interns,
- Use database to manage regional membership retention and cultivation efforts,
- Produce engaging content for communications and outreach efforts (eblast, social media, blog, newsletter),
- General office upkeep.
NECESSARY AND PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with strong written and oral communication skills,
- Minimum 3 years of experience in outreach and fundraising in the non-profit sector,
- Public speaking experience required,
- Must be a self-starter and can manage collaborative relationships,
- Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines showing measurable results,
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge is preferred,
- Background and experience in water quality, environmental science, or related field is preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package including medical, dental, paid time off, 403(b), and more.
Position open until filled.
Chattahoochee Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation