Main areas of focus: Water, sanitation, and hygiene, grant management, international program specialization
- Supervising a set of implementation partners receiving up to $10M of investments in water, sanitation & hygiene programs annually.
- Managing, coordinating, and leading our partner organizations and staying informed of their progress against program objectives. This includes close coordination with Program Finance Officers to review partner proposals and reporting.
- Regularly identifying opportunities for strengthening critical technical and operational areas relating to the implementation of charity: water’s funds. Including technical quality, coordination with and reliance on local institutions, and organizational efficiency.
- Visiting the field to supervise work on the ground and then agree on action plans and next steps with partners.
- Supporting the execution of portfolio goals and special initiatives as needed.
- Working collaboratively with each charity: water department (finance, compliance, programs, fundraising, creative, reporting, technology, etc.) to make sure their involvement in our water programs is maximized and efficient.
- Working closely with the Senior Portfolio Manager on the Water Programs team to plan for future commitments to partners, establish partnership multi-year plans, and incorporate lessons from previous year’s monitoring including taking action on M&E data collected for the partnerships you manage.
- Developing innovative ways to provide our beneficiaries with sustainable sources of clean drinking water, improve our partners’ understanding of our requirements, capture stories from the field, gather information on program status, and plan for program expansion.
- Helping to grow and manage a post-implementation support system to ensure the sustainability of our water points.
- Carefully project managing the timelines and relationships to ensure all objectives and milestones are carried out on time.
- Spending about 20% of your time traveling to the field.
- 5 years of experience managing projects in the developing world
- Experience working on water and sanitation programs
- French fluency
You are skilled at accomplishing things through other people. You can run multiple work streams that extend far beyond your immediate team. You can provide leadership for peers, subordinates, and partners.
You have a proven track record of experience, where it matters
You have more than five years of direct experience in project management in the developing world. The water and sanitation sector is nothing new to you.
You stay on top of it all
You have excellent communication skills, both while speaking and in writing. You have professional candor and you’re great at resolving problems quickly and effectively.
You work well with people… no matter how many oceans stand between you
You have experience working across cultures. You’re attuned to the inherent hurdles that exist in working across the world to build a program.
You’re an avid team player
You’re confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.