Spring 2020 Internship (Resource Security Program (Paid))
New America’s Resource Security Program seeks applicants who have a strong interest in climate change and national security policy for a paid Spring 2020 internship. The intern will primarily assist the program with outreach, research, and administrative tasks. Interns must be self-starters who work well both independently and as a part of a team. The main project the intern will work with is the program’s new Foresight is 2020 project, looking at how to improve national climate governance in the wake of the 2020 election.
About the Resource Security Program:
New America's Resource Security program looks at the intersection of security, prosperity, and natural resources, or "natural security." We seek to promote understanding and innovative public policy ideas, actions, and partnerships. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.newamerica.org/resource-security/
About the internship:
New America’s Resource Security Program seeks applicants to work with program staff and fellows. You will support the program’s upcoming projects, and be based in Washington, D.C., right next to the White House.
- Support program staff in outreach, scheduling, and administrative tasks;
- Edit the program’s blog and generate content for the program’s twitter handle;
- Assist with the program’s monthly newsletter and events planning;
- Support program staff with research, content creation, and uploading content.
You may also have the opportunity to co-author blog posts and articles, as well as attend various professional events in Washington, D.C.
- A self-starter who can work on projects with minimal supervision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- Available to work 20 hours a week.
Additional Skills (a plus, but not required):
- Familiarity with U.S. climate and environmental policies;
- Interest in national security issues.
To apply, please submit a resume, one-page cover letter, and a brief (no more than 2 page) writing sample. The preferred start date is February 18, 2020, but this date is flexible to accommodate the academic calendar. Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis.
No phone calls, emails or letters please.
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our mission, our employees, and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.