1 in 9 people around the world lack access to safe water and 1 in 3 people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Program Manager Consultant will be responsible for managing Brazil programs. Key activities include relationship management with current stakeholders and WaterCredit partners and ensuring successful management of WaterCredit programs through all phases of the program including due diligence, pilot, scale, monitoring and evaluation. The assignment will require frequent interaction with counterparts in financial institutions, WSS suppliers, government programs, product manufacturers and related stakeholders. Travel within Brazil will be required to accomplish the responsibilities of this project.
The Program Manager Consultant has an expected duration of 12 months, with a potential for extension as needed. The responsibilities of the Program Manager Consultant will cover the entire programmatic design and implementation of Brazil’s programs, which will evolve over time.
The Program Manager Consultant is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
New Business Development
- In collaboration with Water.org Advisory Solutions staff, steward existing pipeline relationships towards potential partnerships
- Conduct due diligence on prospective partnerships including identification and certification of new partners, in line with Brazil’s operational plan and five year strategy
- Identification and engagement of sector stakeholders for potential collaboration
- Keep Water.org staff apprised of trends, news and emerging opportunities in the WASH, microfinance and financial sector, including anything that is relevant to the implementation of Water.org’s programs
Program Design and Management
- In collaboration with Water.org Advisory Solutions staff, manage existing strategic stakeholders as well as existing partners
- In collaboration with Water.org and Brazil consultant staff, develop, manage and execute programs, works plans, budgets and partnership agreements between Water.org and program partners; including providing technical assistance to partners with respect to program design and implementation
- Support partners in the management of their program work plan and budget ensuring they are allocating adequate resources and personnel for successful completion of deliverables
- Support partners in designing appropriate internal monitoring and evaluation protocols
- Support development and coordination of delivery of training for partners, where needed, on demand generation activities, financial management, operational efficiency and access to financing
Program Monitoring and Data Management
- Collecting, verifying and managing data to track program performance.
- Maintain regular communication with partners; track and report information related to program implementation including partner activities and expenditures
- Ensure partner submission and compliance with Water.org program reporting requirements and effective transfer of information to Water.org databases, U.S based colleagues and donors
- Work closely with the Insights and Innovation team to develop and execute on a monitoring and evaluation action plan for measuring impact of Water.org programs
- Support development and management of key stakeholder relationships in the WASH, financial and related sectors
- Attend and represent Water.org in relevant seminars, workshops, working groups at local, national and where applicable, regional levels; and promote the reputation of Water.org as a key player in WSS financing and blended finance
- Develop and maintain active relationships with local and national government and non-government stakeholders and identify collaboration opportunities
- Collaborate with Water.org staff in developing and maintaining relationships with multilateral institutions, development finance institutions and regional institutions and identify collaboration opportunities
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Brazilian citizen or non-Brazilian with Permanent Residency (RNE) with minimum five years’ experience living full-time in Brazil
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, relevant Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in the finance and/or micro finance sector
- Minimum of three years of experience managing projects and tracking activities and expenditures against work‐plan and budget
- Proven ability to effectively design and manage technical assistance or capacity building programs, particularly in the financial or water and sanitation sectors
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Portuguese
- Fluent written and oral communication in English
- Innovative mind-set oriented toward constructive problem-solving and collaboration with stakeholders from various sectors
- Exceptional organizational skills, proactivity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and ability to multi- task and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to travel within Brazil with some regional travel
- International professional experience is preferred
- Experience in creating strategic plans in new markets and products in new market is preferred
- Experience with donor-funded international development initiatives is preferred
- Familiarity with the activities required for loan product development, pilot and scale is preferred
- Local and international travel may be required through the course of this consultancy.
The Consultant may be a Pessoa Física or a Pessoa Jurídica and emit a Nota Fiscal or equivalent formal tax receipt, in the name of the consultant or his/her business.