POSITION: Water Guardians – Project Implementer
CLASSIFICATION: Full time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, H2O for Life
SUMMARY: H2O for Life provides a service-learning opportunity that helps teachers & students raise awareness about the global water crisis. The Water Guardians Project Implementer is responsible for engaging public and private schools in the Metro Area and implementing the Water Guardians Program into 15 classrooms. We are seeking a nonprofit/teaching professional who can navigate effortlessly between administrators, educators and students.
Water Guardians Project: Using the Mississippi River as an underlying theme for the program, students will start at the source of the Mississippi River. This will serve as an analogy for the “source” of all water – a pure, clean water source suitable for drinking and supporting life. During this journey, students will focus primarily on the water crisis in the US and how it affects other young people their age.
- Lead the outreach to engage schools in H2O for Life’s Water Guardians program.
- Recruit, train and provide on-going support for teachers and community members who wish to support H2O for Life.
- Present to administrative staff, teachers and students to enhance participation in the Water Guardians program.
- Collect and evaluate feedback on the pilot (year 1). Make recommendations for and participate in modification of program materials as necessary.
- Act as a key thought partner. Brainstorm and identify solutions to program challenges.
- Evaluate and create easy access to key materials.
- Collect and evaluate data on program outcomes.
- Administer teacher survey to gather results to improve our school acquisition.
- Assist in writing, preparing and editing weekly newsletter, writing stories, blogs and distribution of e-newsletter to help promote the Water Guardians.
- Participate and support current programs and initiatives of H2O for Life as a team member and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to H2O for Life’s mission and ability to effectively interact with people from diverse cultural, social economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 3+ years teaching experience preferred. May include traditional classroom, non-traditional classroom, professional development facilitator or other relevant education background.
- Willing to travel up to 50% – Twin Cities Metro Area.
- Well organized and strong attention to detail.
- Positive, welcoming, inclusive, and professional demeanor
- Presentation experience preferred.
- Team oriented – self-starter who is willing to wear multiple hats as needed.
- Proficient in GSuite.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation for this position is based upon qualifications and experience, with a salary range of $40,000-$50,000. H2O for Life offers generous paid time off from the first day of employment, holiday pay and other office closures throughout the year. Health and dental insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please combine your resume, cover letter into a single PDF and submit to [email protected]. Use PROJECT IMPLEMENTER in the subject heading.
We will review applications and interview selected candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited to a telephone interview. Final candidates will be invited for an in person interview and asked to submit three references. Expected start date to be late January, early February.
H2O for Life is an equal opportunity employers. Qualified applications are conserved for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status or any other characteristic as established by law.