Main areas of focus: Water, sanitation, and hygiene, international project management, grant level administrative support, travel coordination, and management
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
You’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our water programs in the field.
As Water Programs Associate you’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our water programs in the field. Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, you’ll know the status of hundreds of water projects and will keep our records accurate, up to date, and accessible for the rest of the organization. You’ll work with a small and hardworking team to make sure that charity: water’s funds are invested in the most relevant and effective water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs out there. You’ll help build new systems that make our partnerships models of efficiency and transparency and position our programs to achieve maximum impact today and over time.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing and monitoring grants:
- Tracking the status of projects
- Maintaining historical records
- Managing timelines
- Ensuring programs meet proposal conditions and expectations
- Maintaining the grants database and ensure all necessary information is available to partners and staff. You will also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining accuracy within partner grant reporting.
- Reviewing partner proposals each half-year and partner reporting each quarter including supporting clear communication of all revisions with partners.
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings, drafting meeting minutes and team presentations, and monitoring action items from both team and partner meetings.
- Processing reports and supporting the drafting process of grant agreements. You’ll be reviewing for accuracy, timeliness, compliance with format requirements.
- Assisting with travel arrangements for the Programs team including but not limited to managing travel agendas, flights, visas, and maintaining updated country information affecting travel.
- Providing various administrative support as needed by the Water Programs Manager and Sr. Portfolio Manager.
- Relating the status of proposals and grants to charity: water departments that depend on the data for fundraising and reporting purposes.
- Working collaboratively with each charity: water department to make sure their involvement in our water programs is maximized and efficient.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Great organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- French proficiency
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with or exposure to the water, sanitation and hygiene sector
- Relevant international work or study experience
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF…
You’re extremely organized
You can handle and prioritize several projects at once. You can turn a long thread of email correspondence into actionable items for multiple people.
You love Excel
You enjoy entering, sorting and updating spreadsheets.
Your take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects. You love gathering and serving up information from the field in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the organization.
You’re a great communicator
You can demonstrate effective partner relationship management by ensuring concise communications of needs and requirements. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You’re an avid team player
You’re confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
The Water Programs team works closely with our local partners, vetting, managing, monitoring the programs we fund and acquiring the information we need to report back to our donors. The Water Programs team manages over $70 million in donor dollars in 23 countries (and growing) each year. They are the protectors of our transparency pillar ensuring our partners continue to meet our sustainability and reporting requirements.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 11 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.