The Environment and Natural Resources Division helps federal and state agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Energy.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Research Assistant to support the Environment and Natural Resources Division in Cambridge, MA.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The candidate will support an interdisciplinary team conducting research in support of national-level environmental programs in the areas of water resources, pollution prevention, and environmental risk.
- The candidate will carry out a range of research, modeling and other qualitative and quantitative analyses of programs and policies using various databases and models.
- The candidate also will assist in the preparation of documents, options papers, spreadsheets, databases, and other materials for use by clients and senior managers as well as provide proposal and other administrative support.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree in environmental engineering or science (e.g., hydrology, ecology), or a field related to environmental management systems
- Excellent writing abilities are required
- Strong quantitative and computer skills (e.g., statistics, GIS, programming) preferred
- Knowledge of USEPA, state and local environmental programs is desirable.
- 0 – 1 years of experience with bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.